As a Human Resource Head HR Paya Lebar, its very critical for you to understand developing brand strategy is extremely critical. The most important asset your company has is its brand. Quite simply, it drives the direction of your business. So you should definitely have a well thought out brand strategy in place.
Increasing competition in business develops similar products with good quality from different manufacturers. But only an effective, innovative and New Innovations & planning can make your business and products more popular.
For your profession as Human Resource Head HR Paya Lebar it becomes your responsibility to stay connected with like-minded supporting industry experts who can guide and help you deal with your day to day work issues.
Factors Affecting Marketing Strategy New Innovations
If you are entrepreneurial in nature owning a business is very exciting adventure. It can also be the most difficult thing for you to get into if you are not prepared.
Marketing strategy is the primary key to business success. The No. 1 reason businesses fail is that they don't make enough money. And the No. 1 reason they don't make enough money is that they don't adequately understand and practice effective marketing strategy. Marketing strategy offers these powerful benefits:
- Concentrating your resources and efforts on your greatest opportunities for success
- Sharpening your competitive advantage so that your business is superior to your competitors' in ways that matter to customers
- Increasing the income of the firm more effectively than any other way
- Uniting the leadership team to all pull in the same direction, maximizing positive results
- Giving your brand a clearer focus so that it will be better known in the marketplace
- Stimulating demand for your products and services
- Improving the effectiveness of messages you send to customers and prospects
- Strengthening your ability to understand and meet the needs of customers
- Ensuring that your business will survive and thrive far into the future
"Marketing strategy" is one of the top-10 search terms related to marketing, used by Internet searchers about a half-million times a month. Many people are obviously interested in learning more about marketing strategy. That's why this article has been written, the first in a series that explain marketing strategy in detail. The author, Buck Lawrimore, has provided marketing strategy to hundreds of business, government and nonprofit organizations of all sizes for more than 27 years.
Definitions of Marketing
"Marketing" comes from the Latin word merx or mercis meaning merchandise. Originally a market was a large open space where merchandise was displayed for sale, like pictures we've seen of large open marketplaces in Third World countries, or today's farmer's market. Originally "marketing" involved selling products in a marketplace. And that's still the core meaning. But professional marketing has evolved to such a high degree of sophistication, like computer science and medicine, that it involves much more than just selling in a marketplace.
The American Marketing Association, the largest professional organization of marketers in the U.S., defines marketing as follows:
"Marketing is an organizational function and a set of processes for creating, communicating and delivering value to customers and for managing customer relationships in ways that benefit the organization and its stakeholders."
This definition makes no mention of generating sales and income, the primary aims of business marketing, perhaps in deference to the many nonprofit organizations which are members of the AMA and are more focused on "delivering value" and "managing customer relationships."
Another way to understand marketing is to view it as a mindset or orientation of the business or organization. The so-called marketing orientation means the organization as a whole is oriented to understanding and meeting the needs of customers. A company with this orientation is market-driven. It focuses its strategy and operations on understanding and meeting the needs of customers in a manner which is superior to competitors. Procter & Gamble is one of the largest and most successful companies in America, and it has a strong marketing orientation. SAS Airlines, FedEx and other leading companies around the world have a passion for understanding and meeting the needs of customers. That's how they became so successful, and that's how your organization can become more successful than ever before, whether you aim to be a world leader or just the best in your neighborhood at what you do.
Definitions of Strategy
"Strategy" comes from the Greek word strategos meaning general. Strategy defined by Webster's as "1 The science of planning and conducting military campaigns on a broad scale." More recently strategy has come to mean "skill in management" or "an ingenious plan or method."
There are two aspects or connotations to this idea of strategy. The first is, it's big picture. It involves consideration of all your available resources - people, money, time, physical resources etc. "on a broad scale." The second is, strategy involves winning some form of competition. Your opponent may be an enemy who is trying to defeat you, or a business competitor who is trying to get your customers to buy from them instead of from you, or an opposing athletic team in a sports event. In all these situations as well as your own real world, there is one key to all effective strategy. This is one of the most important things for you to learn from this book:
The key to all effective strategy is
concentrating your resources on your greatest opportunities,
where your competition is weak.
Definition of Marketing Strategy
So then, effective marketing strategy could be summed up this way:
"Concentrating the organization's resources on its greatest opportunities
to better meet customer needs, outperform competitors, increase income,
and achieve enduring success."
Implied in this practical definition is the key idea that you have or will develop a niche or position in the marketplace which you can dominate or at least be a top player in, by building on strengths which distinguish you from your competition. Also implied is that you will be most successful if you concentrate on better meeting customer needs (via the marketing orientation) as a path to increasing sales, rather than just focusing on outbound communications or a sales force to persuade potential customers to buy.
e-Marketing Strategy: 7 Dimensions to Consider For Digital Growth
With the support of our professional business network, you get the opportunity to exchange experience and knowledge at a top professional level, and to strengthen and develop your own skills within your management and specialist areas.
Through business relationships and experience sharing in confidential settings for Human Resource Head HR Paya Lebar, we strive to create personal and business value for all our network peers.
According to John McCarthy, who is the father of Artificial Intelligence, an AI is "The science and designing of making intelligent machines, especially intelligent PC programs".
Artificial intelligence is a way of making a computer robot or a software think intelligently same as an intelligent human thinks. Artificial Intelligence (AI) is the concept of having machines "think like humans".
AI has a huge effect on your life. Whether you are aware or not, it has already influenced your life style and it is very much likely to grow in coming years.
Here are some examples of AI that you are already using in your daily life:
• Your personal assistant Siri - It is an intelligent digital personal assistant on various platform (Windows, Android, and iOS). It provides you an assistance whenever you ask for it using your voice.
• Smart cars - Google's self-driving car, and Tesla's "auto-pilot" feature are two examples of Artificial Intelligence.
• Recommended products or Purchase prediction - Large retailers like Amazon, recommend you the products, send coupons to you, offer discounts, target advertisements on the basis of the shopping you earlier had by a predictive analytics algorithm.
• Music and movie recommendation services - Pandora, and Netflix recommend music and movies based on the interest you've expressed and judgements you have made in the past.
Other simple examples of AI influencing our daily life are:
- Facebook provides recommended photo tags, using face recognition.
- Amazon provides recommended products, using machine learning algorithms.
- Waze (a GPS and maps app) optimal routes, all at the click of a button.
- Spotify knows my music preferences and curates personalized playlists for me.
As per Marc Benioff, AI is going to impact corporate world, employees will be faster, smarter and more productive. It will learn from the data. Ultimately, it will understand what customers want before even they know and it could be a game-changer in the CRM industry.
Salesforce already bought productivity, and machine learning startups RelatedIQ, Metamind, and Tempo AI in 2014.
AI (Artificial Intelligence) in salesforce is not about time-travelling robots trying to kill us, or evil machines using humans as batteries in giant factories. Here we are not talking about some summer blockbusters, we are talking about the salesforce AI which will make your daily experience smarter, by embedding daily predictive intelligence into your apps.
So, what is AI?
AI is not killer robots; it is killer technology.
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is the concept of having machines "think like humans" - in other words, perform tasks like reasoning, planning, learning, and understanding language.
Customer focused AI: Salesforce Einstein
Salesforce is focusing on creating a platform for solving the customer problems across Sales, Service, Marketing and IT in a completely new way by using Salesforce Einstein.
Salesforce Einstein is built into the core of the Salesforce Platform. It enables anyone to use clicks or code to build AI-powered apps.
With Salesforce Einstein, we can have answer of these type of questions:
- Are you sure that you are servicing your customers by the right client?
- Are you sure that your customers are getting services on the right channel?
- Is it correct to say that you are offering the right item to the right customer at the right time?
- Is it correct to say that you are using the right channel for marketing your products at perfect time with best substance?
Salesforce Einstein is your data scientist
Einstein is like having your own data scientist dedicated to bringing AI to every customer relationship. It learns from all your data - CRM data, email, calendar, social, ERP, and IoT - and delivers predictions and recommendations in context of what you're trying to do.
AI has the ability to transform CRM using Salesforce Einstein
- Sales people can spend more time in visiting customers, not in entering data in CRM.
- Sales people can now better understand the customer requirement and when they need it.
- Sales people can close deals faster by predicting the next step for every customer.
- A service agent could suggest a solution to the customer even before he asked for it.
- Service agent can offer cross-sell at the right time to the right customer.
- Marketing user can easily reach to the right customer at the right time.
- Marketing user know who could be the best audience for each campaign.
- He can easily identify the customer requirement so he delivers the perfect content to every customer.
Salesforce Einstein enables everyone to discover new ways, predict outcomes so help in decision making, recommend next steps, and automates most of your activities so that you can spend most of your time in building strong relationship with customers rather than making entries in system.
What will AI give me that I didn't already have?
Predictive scoring -Predictive lead scoring gives each sales lead a score representing the likelihood it will convert into an opportunity. You also get the reasons
behind the score - for instance the lead source, the industry, or some other factor is an especially strong indicator that a lead will or won't convert.
Forecasting -AI can also be used to predict the future value of something, like a stock portfolio or a real estate investment. If you're a sales manager, AI can predict your quarterly bookings and let you know ahead of time whether or not your team is on track to meet its quota.
Recommendations - Anyone who shops online knows that AI makes suggestions for retail purchases, but it can also make smart recommendations for any other product or service category from business software to tax consulting to cargo containers. And AI can also recommend things other than products - for instance, which white paper you should email a prospect in order to optimize your chance to close a deal.
Who can use AI in the enterprise
Anyone in organization can easily use AI to analyze their data, predict and plan next steps, and automate their tasks and decisions. With Einstein's comprehensive AI for CRM:
• Sales can anticipate next opportunities and exceed customer expectations by knowing what a customer needs before the customer does
• Service can deliver proactive service by anticipating cases and resolving issues before they become problems
• Marketing can create predictive journeys and personalize customer experiences like never before
• IT can embed intelligence everywhere and create smarter apps for employees and customers
What is Machine Learning
Machine learning is the core driver of AI. It's the concept of having computers learn from data with minimal programming.
Networking has always been considered a powerful tool for improving business prospects, advancing a career, and developing ideas. Other than some brief, structured events, networking has been mostly informal and inexpensive in comparison to cost they otherwise spend on different channels. But membership is growing in many formal, long-term networking groups, and so is the price tag.
Our groups are not groups for generating sales leads, nor are they places where individuals can drop-in to gain quick advice on an immediate challenge. Members also sign a confidentiality agreement and benefits from the guided mentoring to help each other.
These groups include an experienced facilitator and use a structured discussion method to ensure appropriate participation.